Monday, October 20, 2008

Skylier Update

It's been 12 days since Skylier got sick. He tried going to work today (he has been off all last week) but they sent him home again. The lights and noise are just too much... Not really much to report, no changes in the paralysis, the head aches are still hard to handle. For some reason it's not as scary, more frustrating at this point (I think we are just getting used to it). This last week I had some time off, which was great timing since Sky has about had it with being home alone all day. It's still hard for him to talk, but I think just having someone siting next to him makes him less lonely. I know I feel better being home to take care of him. He finishes his steroids in 3 days, if there is still no improvement we will make an appointment to see another doctor. I'll post again when I have more info. Thanks for all the nice comments and e-mails. I read them to Skylier and he smiles (lopsided) :/

2 comments:

Mike,Shar,Ryan,Rex said...

Bless his heart! What a good sport. Keep up that lopsided smiling ;)

Anonymous said...

So Skylier, the good thing is that you realize "this too shall pass." As Louise explained to me, usually it is a temporary condition.
In the meantime, are you enjoying the fall colors painted before following their mission between branch and the carpet God made us. Enjoy, breathe deeply, both of you, and always count your blessings.
love you, Aunt Karen and the Butch