Friday, August 22, 2008

Living Room

After my kitchen was complete I moved onto the living room. About the same demo as the kitchen... new lighting, electrical, sheet rock and texture, trim work, carpet and paint. This was a lot more manageable and went pretty quick. I'm really happy with the final product, the only thing left to do is some final accessories that I'm having a hard time deciding on.



The wall behind the TV is causing me problems... I just want something more on the wall, but don't want clutter...
This is my lonely piece of art on my entry wall. I'm at a loss for ideas... I wanted a console table but afraid it will stick out too far into the walk way. I have been considering some sort of shelf but just haven't figured out the perfect solution. Any Ideas??
This arrangement in the corner is actually a source of controversy in my house. Believe it or not Skylier has a strong opinion about decor. He doesn't have ideas or suggestion just strong objections when he doesn't like something. So I would love your honest opinion. I personally love the tall vases and the flowers I picked, I love the shadow it puts on the wall and I think the height fills the empty corner without fealing heavy or dark. But since I'm not exceptionally confident in my decorating skills.... I have left the tags on. Let me know what you think - should it stay or should it go.....

5 comments:

Heather said...

Not trying to create more problems--on the TV wall, if you mounted the TV, it may solve your problem. It definitely wouldn't look cluttered, but would be a job, I think.

For the flowers . . . Sorry, Crystal. I'm not a fan. HOWEVER, it does look better than what I have in my house. What about those glass cylinders they fill with the balls and other stuff. I can't explain it but I've seen it. Or maybe a taller wrought iron vase that still has simple lines but isn't quite so skinny. (I think that is what looks weird to me. It looks like the flowers will bring it right over.) Still, everything does look beautiful. I"m so impressed! Your home is just classy.

Mike,Shar,Ryan,Rex said...

I love the all the paint color! Would you mind telling me what the color is and what brand of paint? I don't mind the flowers, I wonder though if you maybe need to put more i the vase. I have seen tall bunches of Cala Lilies (Can't spell that) that look really cool. But I don't mind the flowers at all I think the vase is awesome. You are a great decorator. I may need you to come help me with my house. :)

Mike,Shar,Ryan,Rex said...

So Crystal maybe I am an idiot, but are those flowers in a cylinder vase? I showed mike the paint color and he loves it, but says my comment does not make sense since the flowers are not in a cylinder vase, and we can't enlarge the photo to see. I told him you can clearly see the vase the flowers aren't just holding themselves up, but he disagrees. Weird comment I know but settle this arguement for us. :)

Kate Call said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! OK.. i'm officially inviting myself over.. i have got to see it all. and you have to show off all your hard work! what cute and classy taste you have! so you tell me when.. and i'm coming to say hi to you and your cute house!
** thanks for your sweet comments crystal

Mike,Shar,Ryan,Rex said...

Hey, Thanks for a great dental appt. You were a great assistant! Tell Dr. Magness thank you. If you ever want to go golfing let me know. I don't know any other girls that will go with me and I've faced the fact that I can't compete with my dad and my husband so it would be fun to go with another girl.