Friday, August 22, 2008

Kitchen Mini-Re-Model

I have had several requests for pictures of my "almost finished" mini-remodel. So just some insight on where I started.. I bought my house in Orem in July 2007. Almost immediately I began planning all the changes I wanted to make. None of which would have been possible with out my mom and dad and brother.

The day after Thanksgiving it began....in the kitchen. Holes in every wall in the kitchen, including the exterior wall, all the kitchen cabinets & appliances removed, a large window was removed, soffits tour down, and all the old lighting & electrical removed. To say the least... it was a mess. Over the next month, the sheet rock (walls and ceiling) was replaced or repaired and textured, a new exterior door and window were hung, new under counter lights and recess cans were installed, all new light switches and plug ins were placed, the cabinets were hung, new trim and finish work was done and everything was painted. The kitchen was completed just in time to have Christmas Eve dinner at my house with my family, including my grandma. Since then, not much other cooking has happened in my kitchen. I have a few things left to do. I want new appliances, counter tops and to try staining my cabinets, but that will have to wait until my back yard is finished.


The door and window use to be one big window.. The only way to get to the back yard was out the front door and around the house. This is a huge improvement, especially with our dogs. This is also the reason I need a deck, since there was nothing there before, there are no steps.

The lighting is probably my favorite change. These pictures don't do it justice. I plan to stain my cabinets to match my dark mahogany colored table.

The under counter lights are all along the counters and are controlled by their own switch. It looks so cool to have all the other lights off and just the under counter lights on. THANKS BRIAN!!!!

1 comment:

Kate Call said...

my fav color is GREEN! jealous!! i want a house bad!! and this makes it so much worse when i see a house this cute!