Monday, October 13, 2008

Stacey's Baby Shower

Last weekend I went to Idaho for my very best friend's baby shower. Stacey and I met when I was in the 3rd grade, she was in the 5th. We were neighbors, which in Rupert means about 1 mile away. We had so much fun playing anything we could think of outside. Stacey had horses and was a talented little cowgirl. I wanted to be just like her (never happened) we would ride her horses for hours, I got bucked off, bit and stepped on, what FUN :) We played with the cows, goats, kittens, you name an animal and Stacey loved it. She would always find sick or abandoned animals and take it upon herself to nurse them to health...usually doesn't work by the way. My first double date was with Stacey, my first high school dance Stacey was there. She is part of almost every memory I have from 8 years on. My first plane ride was with her, my first real vacation was with her. She is still my best friend. I was there when her son was born, I was there when tragedy struck, I even had a bedroom named "Crystal's Room" on the floor plans of her parents new home.

I am so EXCITED she is having another baby, only 5 weeks to go!!!! I love her two boys to death and this precious baby girl has already stollen my heart. Her shower was really nice, she had more perfectly pink gifts then I have ever seen. She has an outfit for everyday of her first 2 months...and I'm sure there is more to come. I now have to budget for baby gifts. Thanks for being such a great friend, I miss you and your boys everyday!!


No comments: