Monday, October 13, 2008

What happened to fall??

Friday was my brother's birthday, so in addition to Stacey's shower, we also had birthday celebrations. My parents, and my brother and I went to Jackpot Friday night. We had a ton of fun. I could play craps for hours (and have). My mom and I tried some new card games and did really well. All in all I lost money, but that's not what it's about for me. My brother got us compt a suite, it was really nice, and free! First thing Saturday morning my dad woke me up to show me the snow. It had snowed 2-3 inches by 8:30 am. We figured since the pass can get bad, we would head home early and we were glad we did. From that point on, it NEVER STOPPED SNOWING. For 24 hours it snowed on the 11th of OCTOBER.... The total snow fall was estimated at 18 inches. WOW, that was something I had never seen, 18 inches in one day in mid October. The roads to Utah were closed, I thought I was stuck. But Sunday morning the sun came out, the roads cleared and the freeway opened. I loved being home, but I was anxious to get back to check on Skylier. The snow was still every where of course but it really was a site to see.


These pictures were taken at 4:00 in the afternoon, about 11 1/2 inches. Imagine it was still snowing at 3:00 am and ended up 7 inches taller then this...



No comments: