Saturday, January 3, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

My mom has the advantage and disadvantage of being a new years baby. Since it's so close to Christmas, and is new years day, she usually doesn't get the recognition she deserves. I really do have the world's best mom. She is funny, supportive, understanding and has all the qualities I want as a mom. When I was about 12 I realized I was the luckiest girl ever. It's funny when we all reminisce, she is shocked at the things I remember. And my brothers memories are very different. I remember at a very young age riding on her lap as she mowed our lawn. I remember wanting to have a chore list, she didn't think it was really necessary-I helped when I was asked. I would write my own list, misspelled of course, and tell her to make me finish it before I could play. I would get a few things into it and usually have a bigger mess then when I started. Specifically, I would start cleaning the wall behind the stove. And get bored fast. Her or my dad would have to help me finish because a clean spot on a dirty wall looks worse then a dirty wall. I suppose that's why I didn't have a chore list. My mom can make me laugh until I cry. Recently, when my parents were at my house we started talking about ring tones. My dad mentioned my ring tone on my mom's phone. She hit him with a smile and then he proceeded to tell me it was a strange, annoying voice saying "Blahh Blahh Blahh, Blahh Blahh Blahh Blahh Blahh!" Getting louder and more annoying. My mom tried to explain she didn't have many choices and I should feel special since I was the only person with a different ring tone. She continued to argue it was the loudest one and that's why she picked it, so she would always hear when I call. We laughed and laughed, mostly at my expense, since I have a tendency to talk alot. She kept hitting my dad the entire time saying thanks alot. Before she went home I found a very funny ring tone for her that makes me smile and laugh every time she calls. Now when I answer, laughing, she asks whats so funny and we both laugh about our ring tones. I wish I would have been there for her birthday, or at least Christmas. I really am the luckiest girl ever and have the world's best mom!! I love you and hope you had a Very Happy Birthday!!


This is the only pic I have on my computer.

1 comment:

Kate Call said...

cute post about your mom! i love my mom too, she is my best friend... so i love to hear about how other people feel about theirs and she sounds so great! hope you had a wonderful christmas and new years!
... you look gorgeous in this picture!!!! foxy lady