Friday, September 5, 2008

New Found Love

For the past 5-6 months I have had a cooking bug. I have spent hours reading and researching baking and cooking. No particular reason, just seems like a skill anyone can benefit from. Of course any thing I do must be organized. So all my recipes are digital and sorted by category. I only enter the ones I have tried/changed and liked. I'm almost complete with my "baking station." I have an entire section of my kitchen designated for baking. Well my office and Skylier have certainly benefited from my practice. I usually have two-three new desserts a week. Dinners are not quite as frequently new... I still return to some simple, familiar recipes several times a week. Plus, sometimes buying all the ingredients for new recipes is expensive. I found a neat blog that has photos and recipes. The pics just make your mouth water, and for me, excite me to try the challenging new recipe. I've never photographed my food before but I thought this cake was so pretty. It was simple and has fresh fruit, which I always love. It stayed moist for days. Watch for more delicious food photos!!!



4 comments:

Mike,Shar,Ryan,Rex said...

That looks so yummy! I am so bored here in Logan I have been cooking and trying different recipes.
E-mail me some of your favorites recipes if you get time. sharbee40@hotmail.com

Kate Call said...

i am actually salivating right now! YUM! i've have never baked a pie.. you have given me a new motivation! i'm not even going to show jeremy this.. he will be so jealous that skyler has a girl to cook for him! i'm so bad about that!!

Mike,Shar,Ryan,Rex said...

Hey Crystal, my teeth are felling alright. I am sorry I didn't call you but I was stuck at my grandma's without a car for the weekend (long story) anyway we should definitley go before it gets cold I will be in town again soon I am sure.

Mike,Shar,Ryan,Rex said...

my teeth are FEELING alright, sorry had to correct the typo :)